IMPORTANT 2020 TRYOUT INFORMATION
*TRYOUT INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO AND TRYOUT PACKET WILL BE POSTED ON THIS SITE MONDAY, JUNE 15th*
Tryouts for 2020 will be at GA AllStars on Friday, June 26th!!
3000 Northfield Place, Suite 100
Roswell GA 30076
In an effort to streamline the tryout process, we will be having the girls arrive by Grade Level. Please adhere to these posted times, including not arriving before your scheduled time, to maintain a focused environment with limited distractions and adequate space for our girls during their tryouts.
The girls will be met at the door and given ample time to stretch and warm up quietly. NO PARENTS in the viewing room as it is a distraction to the girls.
We will be sizing for cheer shoes at Check-in and will be conducting Virtual Uniform Fittings between June 15th and 26th.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend June 26th. For 2020 only, we are considering a virtual tryout option.
What to Wear:
- White or Grey T-Shirt (limited logos please)
- Navy, Red, or Black Solid Color Athletic Shorts
- No-show socks with tennis shoes or cheer shoes
- Hair worn off face—preferred ponytail for long hair
- No jewelry and no excessive makeup.
ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE TO WASH THEIR HANDS THOROUGHLY UPON ARRIVAL
6th Grade---Report for Check in at 4:15. Tryouts begin at 4:30p.m. 6th Grade girls will be ready for dismissal at 5:30p.m.
7th Grade---Report for Check in at 5:15p.m. Tryouts begin at 5:30p.m. 7th Grade girls will be ready for dismissal at 6:30p.m.
8th Grade—Report for Check in at 6:15p.m. Tryouts begin at 6:30p.m. 8th Grade girls will be ready for dismissal at 7:30p.m.
Upon arrival, we will ask your daughters to reconfirm the squads they would like to be considered for (ie, football sideline only or football/competition) and given their tryout numbers.
Teams will be announced by tryout numbers via our website (www.miltonjunioreagles.com) by Saturday morning.
Questions that I know you have…
- What will be expected of the girls in tryouts?
- Small groups of 2-3 will try out in front of a panel of judges. They will perform 2 chees/chants and a dance sequence. Individually, they will do 3 jumps (Toe Touch, Hurdler, and Pike) and have a chance to showcase any tumbling skills. Tumbling skills are not mandatory but will be considered in the selection process.
- How will the Chants and Dance be taught?
- On Monday, June 15th, we will post a Youtube Video here on this website including instructions for all tryout components.
- When will the tryout clinic be held?
- We will not be hosting a tryout clinic this year. Instead, the cheers/chants will be video recorded and we will post them here on this website and email links to all registered participants 2 weeks in advance.
- What are you looking for?
- First ad foremost, we are looking for a passion for cheering, attitude, cheer ability, jumps and tumbling skills...in that order.
- When and how do we find out if our daughters make the squads?
- Squads will be announced by Tryout Number on our website (www.miltonjunioreagles.com) on the home page by Saturday morning. If your daughter is selected, you will also be sent an email.
- Will there be an opportunity to ask questions in a live format prior to Tryouts?
- Yes, 2 weeks before tryouts we will host an information session with plenty of time for Q&A. Additionally, feel free to direct any questions to
- What happens after the teams are selected?
- A mandatory virtual team meeting for Cheerleaders and Parents will be held Sunday evening at 7p where all plans and expectations for the Fall 2020 season will be discussed.