2019 MJE Tryout Information Sheet
April 29, 30th and May 1st (Monday clinic, Tuesday clinic and Tryout on Wednesday)
· Check in begins on Monday evening at 4:30p.m. For efficiency, please bring all forms printed and filled out to check-in if possible. Please make your $40 tryout fee (cash or check payable to MJE Cheer.)
3000Northfield Place, Suite 100
Roswell GA 30076
· Tryouts Clinics are Monday and Tuesday from 5:00p.m.-7p.m.
· Tryouts are Wednesday(current times are set from 5:00-7p.m. but we will be communicating specific times for age groups as needed---this is dependent on the final number of girls trying out. We are attempting to coordinate start times as early as 4:30p.m. in order to get girls completed quickly. Please watch for emails.
Tips for your daughters:
- For Clinic (Mon/Tues)--cheer appropriate attire (tshirt/tank, shorts, cheer/tennis shoes) and white cheer bow
- Please DO NOT wear any MJE Cheer shirts, bows, etc. Milton High School spirit wear is permitted.
- For Tryouts (Wednesday) --White shirt, with red or blue shorts. No-show socks and white tennis/cheer shoes.
- Hair pulled back off face
- White Cheer Bow- we will have these for sale at check-in on Monday ($8) if you need one
- Appropriate minimal makeup
- No jewelry
- Bring a LABELED water bottle.
- Come ready to work with a GOOD ATTITUDE!! The ability to listen to instructions and show respect for coaches is being judged throughout the 3 day process.
Questions that I know you have…
1. What will the girls be learning over the next 2 clinic days? The girls will learn a cheer/chant and a short dance routine. They will work on jumps and have some limited time for tumbling.
2. At tryouts, what is expected? Each girl will tryout in small groups in front of a panel of judges. They will perform both the cheer/chant and dance sequence. They will individually do jumps and have a chance to showcase any tumbling skills that they have.
3. What are you looking for? I am looking for girls with the passion to cheer. Attitude, cheer ability, and tumbling skills---in that order.
4. When and how do we find out if our daughters make the squads? Squads will be announced by Tryout Number on our website (www.miltonjunioreagles.com) under the MJE Cheer Tab by Saturday morning. If your daughter is selected, you will also be sent an email. (As discussed at the Info Meeting--- I will not post selections during the week--- the girls need to focus on school during the week)